Peter Lapsley's fly tying kit to be auctioned in aid of the WTT
Posted on September 30, 2014
To keep alive the places where wild trout still live, Peter Lapsley’s fly-tying kit is to be auctioned
Peter Lapsley, one of fly-fishing’s most formidable writers, columnists and fly-tyers, bequeathed his entire fly-tying kit to the Wild Trout Trust requesting that it be auctioned, the proceeds to go to the Trust whom he supported right up to the day he died.
The fly tying kit will be on display on the WTT stand at the Burton Fly Fair on 5 October 2014 and at the British Fly Fair International (BFFI) at Stafford on 7⁄8 February 2015
The kit will be sold via a SEALED BID AUCTION:
· Bids may be sent by post to PO Box 120, Waterlooville PO8 OWZ
· or by email to the Wild Trout Trust email@example.com (please put ‘Lapsley auction’ in the subject line)
· or given to a WTT staff member at the show.
· Bidders must include full contact details — name, address and telephone number and email address if applicable.
· All bids will remain confidential until the auction closes.
· The winning bid will be the highest bid, and the winning bidder will pay to WTT the amount they have bid.
· Bids will be opened at 2.30 pm on Sunday 8 February 2015 at the British Fly Fair International.
In the event of a tie (two or more bids of exactly the same value), the relevant bids will be put in a hat and the winning bid will be drawn from the hat.