A Season of Adventures!
Spring Auction 8 – 17 March 2019
Bidding in this auction, you can make a better world for our rivers, lakes and their wildlife, including our native trout. And, who knows, you might just win the fishing trip of a lifetime!
This is our most important annual fundraising event. The funds we raise make it possible for our expert Conservation Officers to provide practical advice, deliver hands-on habitat improvement projects, and bring in even more match funding from other sources. The Trust has low overheads, a small staff and an ever-growing group of volunteers, so the money raised in the Auction makes a real and direct difference to our rivers.
There will be 313 Lots in the eBay and postal auction and, new for 2019, 8 trips abroad that are not in the Auction but will be sold at fixed prices from now until 15 April.
Lot prices start at £5 and there are 216 lots with start prices of less than £100 — and a few highly exclusive ones at a bit more !
Auction catalogues and map of Lots
Use the quick link buttons below to view the Lots, or scroll down and use the links to find fishing lots divided by country or region.
The printed catalogue (no photos) is posted to all WTT members in mid February.
If you are not a member and would like a copy, please email email@example.com or call Christina on 023 9257 0985.
Download the PDF version of the printed catalogue (1MB).
There are late lots and changes not included in the printed version of the catalogue (as at 18 February).
Or download the illustrated catalogue (version 2, updated 18 February) with photos for every Lot (12MB PDF).
There is a map of fishing Lots, with links to the full Lot descriptions and photos.
All the Lots are listed on this website as an web catalogue with maps and photos. When the auction is live on eBay there is a direct link to the Lot on eBay.
The web catalogue is divided into sections. Click the titles below to go to the appropriate section.
Miscellaneous Lots, including art, books, flies and tackle.
All Fishing Lots
Fishing Lots by region and country:
Fishing overseas (shorter trips to Europe), Scotland, Ireland, Wales, South West England, South East England, Midlands and East Anglia, Northern England.
You can also view the fishing Lots on a map and as a list which you can sort by price, location etc.
Trips abroad are not in the eBay auction and are sold at fixed prices until 15 April. These include fishing trips to Spain, Bosnia, South America, the Bahamas and dove shooting in Uruguay.
Don’t forget to bid ! Text AUCTION 60777 and we will send you three text messages to remind you that the auction is live
How to bid
- You can bid using eBay or by post.
- To bid on eBay you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid on eBay on your behalf. Postal bid forms are here. Postal bids must arrive at the WTT office no later than 14 March 2019.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org
These trips are not in the auction but are sold at a fixed price up to 15 April. Potential purchasers are encouraged to contact Denise Ashton (email@example.com or 07802 454157) to express their interest and to be put in touch with the donor in order to discuss available dates. Payment should be made direct to the Wild Trout Trust office — please call 023 9257 0985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding the Auction Lots on eBay:
- The Lots will appear on eBay from 8 – 17 March 2019.
- A link will be available from this page to the Lots on eBay from 8 – 17 March 2019 or
- Use the link from the website Lot description or the map of fishing Lots to the Lot on eBay or
- To search for a particular Lot within eBay use the Lot number in the format WTT123. e.g. WTT001 for Lot 1.
How bidding works:
- Enter your maximum bid value into eBay or the postal bid form and eBay will bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids. Lots close at different times during the evening of 17 March; each lot’s closing time is clearly shown with its description on eBay.
- If you are the winning bidder, eBay will notify you by email and you will need to pay for your Lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card or by PayPal from eBay or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment.
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email (or letter) from the WTT confirming the Lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for fishing Lots or will confirm your address for dispatch of any physical Lots. For fishing Lots, the donor of the Lot is also advised of your email contact details or address if no email is supplied. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the lot.
Conditions of Sale:
1. The auction will be subject to the terms and conditions of ebay.co.uk.
2. The WTT has the right to refuse any bid. If the winning bid is invalid or is not paid, the next highest bid shall be the winning bid.
3. The descriptions of the Lots are based upon information provided by the donors of the Lots and have not been verified by the WTT and should not be relied upon as statements of definitive fact. Neither the WTT nor the relevant donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of any Lot, or for any fault or defect in it.
4. If the donor of a Lot does not make available to the winning bidder the relevant fishing or shooting substantially as described and alternative arrangements are not made, the WTT shall refund the purchase price to the winning bidder, but shall have no liability to him or her for any consequential costs, loss or damages, whether associated with the cancellation of travel plans or otherwise.
5. Bidders bidding by post authorise the WTT to place a bid on ebay.co.uk as agent on their behalf and shall be bound as if they had placed the bid personally.
6. Payment should be made by PayPal, by debit/credit card or cheque payable to The Wild Trout Trust, within 7 days of notice of a winning bid. If full payment has not been received within two weeks of notification, the sale may be rescinded by the WTT without notice. The rights to a Lot purchased shall not pass until the WTT has received payment in full.
7. All Lots in the WTT 2019 Spring Auction must be taken during the 2019 season unless otherwise stated and are taken at one’s own risk.
8. These conditions of sale are subject to English law and the WTT and each bidder submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
9. Lots in this auction have all been generously given for the benefit of the WTT. They may not be resold or awarded as prizes for competitions.