The Spring Auction is now closed.
The total raised now stands at £70,000.
Huge thanks to all the bidders and donors and the many supporters who helped publicise the auction.
Please bear with us as we process 320 payments and link up 320 donors and bidders!
The Auction is an extremely important source of funding for us, and never more so than this year, when other sources of funding are looking threatened by the crisis around us. The Auction funds are vital for us to continue our work to improve rivers for wild trout. Thank you for your support.
The timing of the Auction is (to put it mildly), unfortunate, in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis and many potential bidders will be concerned about committing to buy fishing at this time. We can only be optimistic that fishing will be possible at some point this season. Many of our generous donors have indicated they are happy to be flexible and will defer to next season if necessary, and we will, of course, refund winning bidders where Covid-19 prevents them from taking their fishing day.
Print catalogues are available and have been posted to members.
If would like a print catalogue, please contact Christina on email@example.com or 023 9257 0985.
A PDF version of the print catalogue is available to download here.
An illustrated catalogue (PDF, 12mb) is available to download here
Use the quick link buttons below to view the Lots with photos on this website. There is a link to the Lots on eBay so that you can bid straight away!
There is a map of fishing Lots, with links to the full Lot descriptions and photos.
You can also view the fishing Lots by region and country:
Fishing overseas (shorter trips to Europe),
South West England,
South East England,
Midlands and East Anglia,
Bidding in this auction, you can make a better world for our rivers, lakes and their wildlife, including our native trout. And, who knows, you might just win the fishing trip of a lifetime!
This is our most important annual fundraising event. The funds we raise make it possible for our expert Conservation Officers to provide practical advice, deliver hands-on habitat improvement projects, and bring in even more match funding from other sources. The Trust has low overheads, a small staff and an ever-growing group of volunteers, so the money raised in the Auction makes a real and direct difference to our rivers
Don’t forget to bid ! Text AUCTION 60777 and we will send you three text messages to remind you that the auction is live
How to bid
- You can bid using eBay or by post.
- To bid on eBay you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid on eBay on your behalf. Postal bid forms are here. Postal bids must arrive at the WTT office no later than 5pm Wednesday 25 March.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org
These trips are not in the auction but are sold at a fixed price up to 29 April. Potential purchasers are encouraged to contact Bruno Vincent (email@example.com) to express their interest and to be put in touch with the donor in order to discuss available dates. Payment should be made direct to the Wild Trout Trust office — please call 023 9257 0985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding the Auction Lots on eBay:
- The Lots will appear on eBay from 20 – 29 March 2020.
- A link will be available from this page to the Lots on eBay from 20 – 29 March 2020 or
- Use the link from the website Lot description or the map of fishing Lots to the Lot on eBay or
- To search for a particular Lot within eBay use the Lot number in the format WTT123. e.g. WTT001 for Lot 1.
How bidding works:
- Enter your maximum bid value into eBay or the postal bid form and eBay will bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids. Lots close at different times during the evening of 29 March; each lot’s closing time is clearly shown with its description on eBay.
- If you are the winning bidder, eBay will notify you by email and you will need to pay for your Lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card or by PayPal from eBay or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment.
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email (or letter) from the WTT confirming the Lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for fishing Lots or will confirm your address for dispatch of any physical Lots. For fishing Lots, the donor of the Lot is also advised of your email contact details or address if no email is supplied. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the lot.
Conditions of Sale:
1. The auction will be subject to the terms and conditions of ebay.co.uk.
2. The WTT has the right to refuse any bid. If the winning bid is invalid or is not paid, the next highest bid shall be the winning bid.
3. The descriptions of the Lots are based upon information provided by the donors of the Lots and have not been verified by the WTT and should not be relied upon as statements of definitive fact. Neither the WTT nor the relevant donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of any Lot, or for any fault or defect in it.
4. If the donor of a Lot does not make available to the winning bidder the relevant fishing or shooting substantially as described and alternative arrangements are not made, the WTT shall refund the purchase price to the winning bidder, but shall have no liability to him or her for any consequential costs, loss or damages, whether associated with the cancellation of travel plans or otherwise.
5. Bidders bidding by post authorise the WTT to place a bid on ebay.co.uk as agent on their behalf and shall be bound as if they had placed the bid personally.
6. Payment should be made by PayPal, by debit/credit card or cheque payable to The Wild Trout Trust, within 7 days of notice of a winning bid. If full payment has not been received within two weeks of notification, the sale may be rescinded by the WTT without notice. The rights to a Lot purchased shall not pass until the WTT has received payment in full.
7. All Lots in the WTT 2020 Spring Auction must be taken during the 2020 season unless otherwise stated and are taken at one’s own risk.
8. These conditions of sale are subject to English law and the WTT and each bidder submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
9. Lots in this auction have all been generously given for the benefit of the WTT. They may not be resold or awarded as prizes for competitions.