Printed catalogues have been posted to members and should arrive by 26 February.
If would like a print catalogue, please contact Christina on email@example.com or 023 9257 0985.
A PDF version of the print catalogue is available to download here.
An illustrated catalogue (PDF, 14mb) is available to download here
You may also bid by post.
Bidding in this auction, you can make a better world for our rivers, lakes and their wildlife, including our native trout. And, who knows, you might just win the fishing trip of a lifetime!
This is our most important annual fundraising event.
The funds we raise make it possible for our expert Conservation Officers to provide practical advice, deliver hands-on habitat improvement projects, and bring in even more match funding from other sources.
The Trust has low overheads, a small staff and an ever-growing group of volunteers, so the money raised in the Auction makes a real and direct difference to our rivers
Don’t forget to bid ! Text AUCTION 60777 and we will send you three text messages to remind you that the auction is live
How to bid
- You can bid using this website or by post.
- To bid on the website, you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid online on your behalf. Postal bid forms are here. Postal bids must arrive at the WTT office no later than 5pm Wednesday 24 March.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view the lots and place bids, click here.
- To search for a specific lot, use the search facility and enter the lot number or search more generally for rivers, rods, reels or guides.
- You will only be able to place bids once the auction has started on 19 March.
How bidding works:
- Enter your maximum bid value for the Lot on the website or the postal bid form. The auction website will automatically bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids. Lots close at different times during the evening of 28 March; each lot’s closing time is clearly shown with its description.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will be notified by email and you will need to pay for your Lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card on the website or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment or send a cheque made payable to Wild Trout Trust to: Freepost WILD TROUT TRUST (please do not write anything else on the envelope).
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email (or letter) from the WTT confirming the Lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for fishing Lots or will confirm your address for dispatch of any physical Lots. For fishing Lots, the donor of the Lot is also advised of your email contact details or address if no email is supplied. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the lot.
Conditions of Sale
1. The auction will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Wild Trout Trust.
2. The WTT has the right to refuse any bid. If the winning bid is invalid or is not paid, the next highest bid shall be the winning bid.
3. The descriptions of the lots are based upon information provided by the donors of the lots and have not been verified by the WTT and should not be relied upon as statements of definitive fact. Neither the WTT nor the relevant donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of any lot, or for any fault or defect in it.
4. If the donor of a lot does not make available to the winning bidder the relevant fishing or shooting substantially as described and alternative arrangements are not agreed and made, the WTT shall refund the purchase price to the winning bidder but shall have no liability to him or her for any consequential costs, loss or damages, whether associated with the cancellation of travel plans or otherwise.
5. Postal bidders authorise the WTT to place a bid as an agent on their behalf and shall be bound as if they had placed the bid personally.
6. Payment should be made by debit/credit card or cheque payable to the Wild Trout Trust, within 7 days of notice of a winning bid. If full payment has not been received within two weeks of notification, the sale may be rescinded by the WTT without notice. The rights to a lot purchased shall not pass until the WTT has received payment in full.
7. All lots in the WTT 2021 Spring Auction must be taken during the 2021 season unless otherwise stated and are taken at one’s own risk. However, donors will be as flexible as possible due to Covid-19.