Our Spring Auction 2023 will take place 17 to 26 March on our auction website auction.wildtrout.org
Paper and PDF catalogues will be available in February.
If you would like to donate a lot for our 2023 auction, or if you are not a member and would like a catalogue by email or post, please email Christina: email@example.com
The auction enables us to continue to work for the conservation of native, wild brown trout.
What we do also benefits a myriad of plants and animals living in and by the river.
The funds we raise are important in getting projects off the ground and crucially, are increasingly used to leverage more funds from other sources.
They also help keep our hard-working team of Conservation Officers equipped with tools like chainsaws and waders for them and for the volunteers we help.
To receive updates by SMS text, just before and during the auction, please text the word ‘auction’ to 60777
How to bid
- You can bid on auction.wildtrout.org or by post.
- To bid on the website, you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid online on your behalf. Postal bid forms are HERE and must arrive at the WTT office no later than Friday 25 March. Send to: Freepost WILD TROUT TRUST (this is a complete address and does not require a stamp). Please allow 5 working days.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view the lots and place bids, click here.
- To search for a specific lot, use the search facility and enter the lot number or search more generally for rivers, rods, reels or guides.
- You will only be able to place bids once the auction has begun on the morning of 18 March.
How bidding works
- Enter your maximum bid value for the Lot on the website or the postal bid form. The auction website will automatically bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids. Lots close sequentially from 5pm on Sunday 27 March — each Lot’s closing time is clearly shown with the description so do please check.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will be notified by email and you will need to pay for your Lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card on the website or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment or send a cheque made payable to Wild Trout Trust to: Freepost WILD TROUT TRUST (this is a complete address and does not require a stamp).
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email from the WTT confirming the Lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for your Lot or ask you to confirm your address for despatch of a physical Lot. The donor of a non-phyiscal Lot is advised of your contact details. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the Lot.
Terms & Conditions
1. Registration on this website is available to those who can form a legally binding contract. Minors under 16 are not allowed to register.
2. You are solely responsible for the contents of your actions through this website. You must ensure that your participation in the buying of items does not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
3. The WTT has the right to refuse any bid. If the winning bid is invalid or is not paid, the next highest bid shall be the winning bid.
4. The descriptions of the lots are based upon information provided by the donors of the lots and have not been verified by the WTT and should not be relied upon as statements of definitive fact. Neither the WTT nor the relevant donor can be held responsible for errors of description or for genuineness or authenticity of any lot, or for any fault or defect in it.
5. If the donor of a lot does not make available to the winning bidder the relevant fishing or shooting substantially as described and alternative arrangements are not agreed and made, the WTT shall refund the purchase price to the winning bidder but shall have no liability to him or her for any consequential costs, loss or damages, whether associated with the cancellation of travel plans or otherwise.
6. Payment should be made by debit/credit card or cheque payable to the Wild Trout Trust, within 7 days of notice of a winning bid. If full payment has not been received within two weeks of notification, the sale may be rescinded by the WTT without notice. The rights to a lot purchased shall not pass until the WTT has received payment in full.
7. All lots in the WTT Spring Auction 2022 must be taken during the 2022 season unless otherwise stated and are taken at one’s own risk.
8. Lots in this auction have all been generously given for the benefit of the WTT. They may not be resold or awarded as prizes for competitions.
9. These conditions of sale are subject to English law and the WTT and each bidder submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.